LANguard Network Security Scanner 8.0 Build 20080326
Network vulnerability scanning, patch management and auditing
Check your network for all potential methods that a hacker might use to attack your network.
Scans entire networks and provides NETBIOS for each team, such as shares of host, username connected.
It does OS detection, password strength testing, detects registry issues and more. Reports are generated in HTML.
Note: The scanning features of this product is free for noncommercial use. Commercial users can purchase the full version and also receive additional features.
Here are some key features of “LANguard Network Security Scanner”:
• Support to the oval: GFI LANguard N.S.S. 8 can now import and check networks using OVAL definitions. This database is the standard used to define the necessary tests to check if the deficiencies are present in a system. For more information on the OVAL database please refer to http://oval.mitre.org.
· Improvements to patch management: New patch management features contribute to overall improved patch management module. New features include the removal of patches, patches multilingual self-discharge, the lack of Windows Installer 3 notification, patch sort by severity and detection engine optimization of memory usage.
· Security Scanner optimizations: IT administrators now have the ability to configure up to 10 threads of exploration. This allows them to fully utilize the hardware and network infrastructure of potential
· Improvements in the scheduled scan: GFI LANguard NSS 8 keeps track of the teams that are not discussed (such as laptops connected to the network) and search them as soon as they become available.
· Recovery fastest Linux data: Linux data recovery is now 20 times faster than the previous version of GFI LANguard NSS
· Renovation of the UI: GFI LANguard NSS 8 is updated with cosmetic changes in the user interface and icons. Added new buttons and the graphical interface was reorganized with the categorization of all main configuration options and tools into three tabs. A restructuring of the security scanner tree now also includes a better categorization of the retrieved information, assisting users in navigating through the records retrieved.
* Support Unicode: You can now scan multi-language networks from a central location and have all the characters in the image correctly, whatever the language. For example, you can scan, from a Windows XP machine Edition English, computers with editions in Chinese and Greek and everything displayed correctly.
Option to further analysis: dependence on the administrative actions have been eliminated by adding a new option in the scan profiles. GFI LANguard N.S.S. now temporarily creates and uses a custom hidden share during scans.
• Analysis of remote logging: In GFI LANguard NSS 8 an option was added that, when enabled and if the analysis is performed in their own right, temporarily will start remote registry on the remote machine during the scan.
· Advanced Options extensive exploration: Added support for scanning CIDR subnets and the ability to specify addresses that should be excluded from scanning a range of IP addresses previously specified.
Debugging messages enabled · Warning: A warning message now lets the user know that the scanning speed is lower when in debugging.
· Enhanced troubleshooter: The problem solver with the help of assistant now incorporates better logging and new automated controls to help users identify problems faster. It also helps users in solving problems encountered by counseling program specific topic and links to GFI Kbase articles.
· Enhanced auto-update system: The system auto-update has been improved so that urgent fixes arrive to customers faster than it takes to download and install a new version.
* Support for Microsoft Windows Vista: GFI LANguard NSS 8 now supports installation and scanning for vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows Vista-based computers
· Assistant support the new conditions of vulnerability custom setup: GFI LANguard NSS 8 now incorporates an intuitive wizard that removes the complexity of the configuration of the vulnerability and a custom configuration, which allows custom configuration vulnerabilities in the easiest possible.
· Video Threat Level Indicator: Users can now easily determine the level of vulnerability of your network through a graphical scale that indicates the vulnerability of any equipment or groups of computers / networks.
· Monitor the condition improved: GFI LANguard NSS 8 to monitor the status has been updated with a potential indicator of the level graphics viewer threat and self-discharge of the tail.
* Support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007: GFI LANguard NSS 8 now supports vulnerability scanning, identification and deployment of patches and service packs for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
* Support for Microsoft Office 2007: GFI LANguard NSS 8 now supports vulnerability scanning, identification and deployment of patches and service packs for Microsoft Office 2007.
• 10-day trial
What’s New in This Release:
· FIXED: Silent installation support
· Update: Best New Analysis Wizard
· Updated: Added support for Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista SP1
· NEW: Security Scanner – on-screen scan summary at the end of the exploration