Open source NAC system PacketFence 3.6 is now available
PacketFence is a fully supported, trusted, free and open source network access control (NAC) system.
From the top of the featuresthat PacketFence provides worth mentioning are:
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) workflows
- Simple and efficient guests management
- Multiple enforcement methods including Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Compliance checks for computers present on your network
- Integration with various vulnerability scanners and intrusion detection solutions
- Bandwidth accounting for all devices.
PacketFence represents an unobtrusive software that works with equipment from a lot of vendors (wired or wireless) like Cisco, Aruba, ExtremeNetworks, Juniper Networks, Nortel/Avaya, Hewlett-Packard, Meru Networks, Foundry/Brocade, Enterasys, Accton/Edge-corE/SMC, 3Com, D-Link, Intel, Dell, Aerohive, Motorola and many more.
Here are some of the new features in 3.6:
- Guest accesses using their Facebook, Google and Github account
- Wireless IDS support for Aruba, Motorola and Ruckus controllers
- RADIUS support in inline mode
- New equipment support from Cisco (2960G and 3750G).
A lot of performance improvements were also added, together with small new features and bug fixes.